Our first project is an apartment building with 50 units. 50% of the apartments are allocated for adults with developmental disabilities and the rest for tenants from the general population.
- We are in negotiations for the perfect plot of land on which to build.
- Gary Prager and his team at hord | coplan | macht have produced gorgeous renderings of our dream building.
- Jim Shipton at Point Consulting LLC and Elyse Dinnocenzo of Principle Land Planning have begun work with Jefferson County to establish feasibility.
- Stepping Stone Communities Board is considering alternatives for financing the project.
- We need generous supporters to step up to the plate to keep the project moving!
Step Two: Architect
We will need an inspired and talented architect to design our building. Requests for proposals have been sent to 10 architects selected from a carefully compiled list of candidates.
Selection of Architect and First Renderings $ 100,000*
Step Three: Project Planning
We have engaged the Community Capital Corporation as our financial, political and development advisors. Their team, headed by Michele Tonti, will guide us through government-funding opportunities and the complexities of bringing Independence House into being.
Project Management Fees – Year One $ 50,000*
Step Four: Public Awareness and Fund Raising
It takes money to make money! We are fortunate to have a team of marketing, event, and grant-writing experts to lead us in our multi-pronged fund raising efforts.
Marketing Services – Year One $ 15,000*
*all amounts are estimated as of May 1, 2017